- 1 What personally identifiable information is collected from you?
- 2 How does Electronic Partners / Electronic.ie ensure the protection of your personal data?
- 3 What cookies are and how they are used?
- 4 How your information is used?
- 5 Who is collecting your information?
- 6 With whom your information may be shared?
- 7 What choices are available to you regarding collection, use, and distribution of your information?
- 8 How you can access, update or delete your information?
- 9 How Electronic Partners / Electronic.ie treats your financial information?
- 10 Where do we store and process all data?
- 11 The kind of security precautions that are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of your information?
- 12 What else you should know about your on-line privacy?
1. What personally identifiable information is collected from you? We collect information in several ways. Some personal information is gathered when you register. During registration, you are asked for your name, telephone number, email address, company name and address. We use this information to customise your home page and make it relevant to you as an individual. We may also record some details of how you use the site, such as adverts you click on or products you search for, to help us be more relevant in bringing promotions and new products to your attention. Once you register you are no longer anonymous to us and are able to take full advantage of our offers. In addition, we may keep copies of the information you submit when you send e-mail feedback to the site, ask a technical question, or report a problem. If you contact us in writing we may keep a record of that correspondence. We also occasionally ask users to complete surveys that we use for research purposes.
2. How does Electronic Partners / Electronic.ie ensure the protection of your personal data? Electronic Partners / Electronic.ie always aims to deliver the highest level of service and security to our customers and our website has been specifically designed with security in mind. In order to ensure the security and protection of your personal details whenever you submit any sensitive information such as credit card number and account details, we use the following security methods: 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption – the latest technology to encode and protect your data – which is your guarantee for a safe and secure transaction. The Guarantee pops up whenever you submit sensitive information as an indication that the current information will be encrypted. This means that your information is protected and safe to submit.
Necessary Cookies These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site may not work then. Cookies used:
Preferences Cookies These cookies allow the provision of enhancing functionality and personalization, such as videos, live chats and your preferred language. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies, then some or all of these functionalities may not function properly. Cookies used:
Analytics Cookies These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site. Cookies used:
- _ga (Google Analytics cookie used to distinguish users on a website)
- _gat (Google Analytics cookie used to throttles number of requests received)
- _gid (Google Analytics cookie used to distinguish users on a website)
- PREF (YouTube cookie used to track and gather information about when you watch )
- VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE (YouTube cookie to Measure your bandwidth)
- YSC (YouTube cookie used to gather statistical information)
- GPS (YouTube cookie used to track your location)
Marketing Cookies These cookies are set on our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant ads on other sites. If you do not allow these cookies, you will not experience our targeted advertising across different websites. Cookies used:
- we don’t use any marketing cookies
4. How your information is used? Electronic Partners / Electronic.ie uses your information for the purposes of order fulfilment and occasional direct marketing activities (see What are my choices regarding collection, use and distribution of my information?). Electronic Partners / Electronic.ie also collect your personal information to provide you with customised and relevant information on your homepage when you visit the site. We do research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behaviour based on the information provided to us through registration, during a promotion, from our server log files or from surveys. We do this to better understand and serve our users. This research is compiled and analysed on an aggregated and anonymous basis.
5. Who is collecting your information? The personal information you provide to this site is collected by Electronic Partners / Electronic.ie. Please be aware that Electronic Partners / Electronic.ie has links to other sites which may collect personally identifiable information about you. The information practices of those websites linked to Electronic Partners / Electronic.ie are not covered by this privacy statement.
6. With whom your information may be shared? Electronic Partners / Electronic.ie is a member of a worldwide group of companies and may share information collected about you via the Electronic Partners / Electronic.ie website with other members of this group. The members of this group never sell, rent, or give away information that personally identifies customers to third parties except where elements of the business have been outsourced and the provision of such information is required for the provision of the service to you. Under such circumstances, the security and confidentiality of personal information would form a part of the legal agreement between us and the supplier. From time to time, we may release aggregated and anonymised marketing statistics to business partners or may use these in press releases, advertising, or published reports. We would only personally identify you or any other customer in such press releases, advertising, or reports with your prior consent. Electronic Partner may also disclose user information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) Electronic Partners / Electronic.ie rights or property, other online users, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities. In addition, Electronic Partners / Electronic.ie may disclose user information when the law requires it.
7. What choices are available to you regarding the collection, use, and distribution of your information? Electronic Partners / Electronic.ie may, from time to time, send you e-mail regarding our products or services. In addition, we may occasionally send you direct mail about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. Only Electronic Partners / Electronic.ie or its agents will send you these direct mailings. If you do not want to receive -email messages from us, simply omit your e-mail address when you give us your personal information. Or, at any time you can easily edit your Personal Profile to no longer receive such mailings. If you do not wish to receive other forms of direct mail promotions from us, then please contact us.
8. How you can access, update or delete your information? Please contact us through our ticket system and request access, update or the deletion of your information. Please note the data subject shall have the right to obtain from the controller the erasure of personal data concerning him or her without undue delay and the controller shall have the obligation to erase personal data without undue delay where one of the following grounds applies: – the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed; – the data subject withdraws consent on which the processing and where there is no other legal ground for the processing; – the personal data have been unlawfully processed; – the personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject; – the personal data have been collected in relation to the offer of information society services
9. How Electronic Partners / Electronic.ie treats your financial information? Whenever financial information is sent to or from our website, we receive that information from your browser, or present it to you, via the certified secure server using industry-standard, SSL (secure socket layer) encryption. Note: If you rely upon the graphical indication on your browser screen (such as the padlock icon in Internet Explorer) this may not always indicate that a secure communication is taking place. This is because our website uses frames to display certain information and the security icon may not always detect that a secure connection has been established in another frame. Sensitive credit card information is not stored on our systems.
10. Where do we store and process all data? By using our services, you are authorising us to process your information anywhere we do business. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure server in the EU. We have in place a level of security appropriate to the nature of the information stored and the harm that might result from a breach of security. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access our customer portal, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. All payments made by our selected third party payment processing services Stripe. We do not store any of your credit or debit card details in connection with your payment.
11. The kind of security precautions that are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of your information? Your Electronic Partners / Electronic.ie on-line Account Information and Personal Profile are password-protected so that you and only you can access this information. You may edit your Account Information and Personal Profile by using Username and password and clicking on the Update User profile button on your home page navigation bar. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. Electronic Partners / Electronic.ie will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited e-mail. Also, remember to close your browser window when you have finished your work. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal or business information if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place.
12. What else you should know about your on-line privacy? Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online – for example on message boards, through email, or in chat areas – that information can be collected and used by others. Effective from September 2015